Archery Association of India
Archery Association of India came into existence in 1973, with the primary objective to organize, encourage, promote the game of Archery in the country by providing proper training facilities to Indian Archers and also utilizing the existing available infrastructure & sources in the right way, in order to win Medal in the International Competitions, especially in Asian Games and Olympics.
The main activities of Archery Association of India are as follows :-
- To organize, encourage, promote and control the Sports of Archery in India.
- To provide facilities for training and physical exercises in the Sports of Archery and to render financial assistance to both individuals and organizations for the promotion of such training.
- To diffuse useful knowledge and modern techniques in sports and physical exercises by publishing literature in any form the participating in such meetings in India and abroad.
- To Broad-base by introducing Archery as a discipline in various Schools, University, Para Military Forces and other organizations.
- To organize Sub-Junior, Junior, Senior level State and National Championships regularly. Besides this, Federation cup and National Ranking Circuit Tournaments are also slated.
- To organize International level Competitions in India by inviting foreign teams.
- To make arrangement for fielding Indian Archery team in International Competitions.
- To conduct National Archery Coaching Camps and monitor their progress for the preparation for International events by helping them to attain their peak of excellence to win international medals.
- To hold National Selection Trails for representing the country in International championships.
- .To organise Talent Search Programme.
- To arrange regular coaches training seminars and workshops throughout the country to update their technical knowledge and coaching techniques.
- To procure latest modern Archery equipment for the Archersí training under various State Associations/Units on no profit basis.
- To guide and assist various organizations like Association of Indian Universities, National School Federations, Akhil Bharatiya Vanvasi Kalyan Ashram and NGOs. to conduct their competitions.
- To find out the employment opportunities for the Archers in Govt. and Semi Govt. organizations.
- Routine Correspondence & Liaison with Affiliated units, Asian Archery Federation, International Archery Federation, International Archery Federations, Govt.of India, Sports Authority of India, Indian Olympic Association and other connecting departments.
- Latest advancement in the rules, regulations and technical improvement in Archery equipment.
- Generally to do anything with the promotion of Sports of Archery in particular and sports in general in the country.